- SHARMANE'S "Leap of Faith" album is now on Pandora Radio. To add the album to your favorite station, search SHARMANE. To learn more about Pandora Radio, click here.
- The Handook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul, written by Lisa Hendey, has officially released. Sharmane is honored to be a contributor in this fantastic book, published by Ave Maria Press. Copies can be purchased at a Barnes and Noble store near you or online
February 1, 2010
- Nashville, TN - July 16, 2009 -- Contemporary Christian artist, SHARMANE, this week releases her third CD project, Leap of Faith, gathering a fresh collection of songs geared to encourage and inspire listeners with her fresh, infectious delivery of music that ministers.
The CD, produced by Tony Morra (Bread of Stone, Cherie Adams, Rick Cua) is a perfect tracking for a career that has shown great connectivity over the past several years with both the Christian industry and a growing national supporter base of music and ministry awareness.
In Leap of Faith, Sharmane presents a bright and optimistic creative slant on songs that perfectly fit her pop/AC leanings. Amidst the upbeat energy, the true centerpiece of the project is a beautifully crafted co-written ballad, Generations, a tribute to the Godly women in her life who have encouraged her on her profound journey of faith.
Original track highlights include: Life Is More, Stand Up, No Matter What, I Am Yours, Fast Lane, Take Me There, and the title track, Leap of Faith. Cover tracks of Put A Little Love In Your Heart, and I Can See Clearly Now, take on new spiritual meaning in the presentation given to them by Sharmane.
The new project is close to her heart of every day personal ministry applications. Sharmane noted in a recent interview: "Despite challenges and obstacles that may lie ahead, most of us start each day with great intentions. We are all driven by hopes and dreams and find encouragement in taking steps forward in faith that will lead us to our destinations. I encourage everyone to leave the baby steps behind and take a real 'leap of faith' towards God! He will never disappoint you!"
Sharmane's journey has been just that kind of 'leap.'
Since the release of her debut CD, Prayerful Hearts in 2002, she has been honored with several notable industry awards, including Devotional Song of the Year honors in 2008 for I Surrender. The song was written by her for a friend whose son was seriously ill. Released to Christian radio as a single in 2007, the song held in the Top 10 of the I-Chart for more than 10 weeks. A special "Impact Project" campaign was created by Sharmane as an outreach of the song with proceeds of every download donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis for research into childhood cancer.
Sharmane has become an in demand national speaker, forming her own ministry, Prayerful Hearts, from the launch pad of her music career. Church events and conferences as well as youth events and women's retreats have resourced her as a gifted communicator through music and message.
Youth ministry is another emphasis of her Prayerful Hearts outreach. Recognizing a void in that area of ministry, Sharmane has created an interactive workshop series for high schoolers. "Find Me, Cleanse Me, Take Me There" focuses teens on a program to find the heart of who they are and where God desires them to be. An offshoot of the program, "Stuck In The Middle" was later created as a workshop to invest the same spiritual message into the lives of middle school kids.
Sharmane continues to present her youth workshops, as well as presenting a three day program titled, "Make Me An Instrument of Your Peace," geared towards family ministry in the home. She herself is married and the mother of two.
- “I SURRENDER”, written and recorded by contemporary artist-SHARMANE, was recognized with the 2008 UNITY AWARD for DEVOTIONAL SONG OF THE YEAR. The inspiration for the song came from a close friend whose son battled a life threatening illness. SHARMANE dedicated her award to that child in her acceptance speech.
- I SURRENDER” was also recognized as a final nominee for the Song of the Year category. The radio single spent over 25 weeks on the CRW (Christian Radio & Retail Weekly) Global INSPO Chart.
Other 2008 UNITY AWARD recipients included Matt Maher for Artist of the Year, Noelle Garcia for Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year, BELLA for Best Movie/DVD/Video release, and John Michael Talbot for Devotional Album of the Year. SHARMANE also performed at the awards celebration this year along with Matt Maher, John Michael Talbot, Sarah Hart and Tony Melendez
For a complete list of UNITY AWARD recipients visit: www.unityawards08.com/winners.html
October 29, 2008
- After being recognized with the 2008 KCCM Award for Female Vocalist of the Year, radio continues to express interest in SHARMANE and her radio single titled-I SURRENDER. Just recently it was added to GLORI RADIO (where “God‘s Light, Orders, Reveals & Illuminates” your life) in the Kansas City area. GLORI RADIO is part of the Igniting the Fire Media Group. The song will be added to their regular rotation in addition to their Indie Artist Spotlight feature. You can listen to GLORI RADIO online at www.ignitingthefire.net
July 23, 2008
- SHARMANE was recently featured in BELLA Magazine supported by the Pensacola News Journal. The article introduces SHARMANE to the Pensacola, FL readership community and tells the story of how she embraces both faith and music in her life. If you are not in the Pensacola area, you can read the story here.
June 22, 2008
- We all know that the newest technology can be a grateful blessing to a music ministry! SHARMANE is pleased to announce that I SURRENDER was recently added to the very popular website ITUNES. We hope this new partnership will continue to build awareness for this powerful inspirational ballad that spent over 25 weeks on the CRW chart! Check it out here.
In addition-through a partnership with MyXer Tones…you can now get I SURRENDER as a FREE 30 second ringtone! Simply text 447407 to 69937 (myxer) and you’ll be able to download this ringtone today!
April 15, 2008
- The Spring issue of GRAPEVINE Magazine has just been released and SHARMANE is the Featured Cover Artist! Grapevine Magazine is dedicated to promoting artists and ministry organizations. It is available as a FREE download e-zine or you can purchase hard copies of each issue through a partnership with Lulu.com. For details visit gvonline.net
March 6, 2008
- It’s official! SHARMANE has kicked off her new middle school and high school assembly programs! SHARMANE is excited about introducing these new programs to the youth market. The Middle School Program is titled “Stuck in the Middle”. The High School Program is actually an extension of her new High School Youth Workshop titled, “Find Me! Cleanse Me! Take Me There!” Each program is a journey of spiritual self-discovery. application in everyday life. These presentations will help the students get to the heart of “who they are” and “how to become” the “whole” person that God intended them to be. Contact SHARMANE directly to receive a program overview by email.
February 4, 2008
- SHARMANE was recently the featured artist on the podcast called ON THE JOURNEY with Maureen and Bill Hayes. The interview features SHARMANE talking about her life testimony, her music ministry and her new impact project for "I SURRENDER" -her new radio single. Although the broadcast was originally aired October 27 on WDCD 1540AM in Albany, NY it is archived here.
October 27, 2007
- Build the Church features "I SURRENDER" on their weekly podcast Episode #303. They encourage the support of the Impact Project for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
October 26, 2007
- WEGS 91.7 F.M. Contemporary Christian Radio Station serving Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach, Florida will have Sharmane as a special Co-host with Dale Riddick for the Morning Show, Tuesday, October 9th at 7 a.m.
- SHARMANE is excited to announce that her new radio single "I SURRENDER" recently hit the #9 spot on the CRW (Christian Radio Weekly) I-CHART! "I SURRENDER" was inspired by a friend of SHARMANE'S whose child suffered from a life-threatening illness. The song was released to over 1500 radio stations and the response has been overwhelming. SHARMANE is so grateful that the song is reaching those who are hurting physically, emotionally and spiritually and prays that it will especially provide comfort to parents who deal with the struggle and challenge of a sick child. SHARMANE stands firm in her commitment as a "spiritual champion for faith AND family".
September 30, 2007
- SHARMANE releases new single-"I SURRENDER"-in efforts to help raise funds for children's cancer research...visit the NEWS page here for more details!
September 17, 2007
- Sharmane records New Single with Producer, Joe Hand at Quad Studios in Nashville.
- Pensacola-Tallahassee Youth Rally:
Sharmane Adams and Kelly Pease leads the Youth Rally with over 500 kids in attendance.
- Sharmane is featured in her Sorority: Gamma Phi Beta Magazine! Pacesetters Spotlight
- Prayerful Hearts CD surges to the top of the charts in 2006!